Hat Head NSW

In this forum:
Ask a question, or tell us about a future trip you are planning

Moderator: Motherhen

Hat Head NSW

Postby old silver » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi all can someone pass on some info on Hat Head please. Have heard a bit about it both good and bad but only second hand. The good was for fishing the bad was for bloody sandflies . What is the caravan park like and also the amenities. Would appreciate some feedback please,and is there somewhere the better half can play BINGO!!! and have a nice meal.
Old Silver
old silver

Tow Vehicle: TS Territory Diesel
Caravan/Motorhome Type: 16 ft YORK Comet Pop Top
Partner's Name: Denise
First Name: Bob

Re: Hat Head NSW

Postby Motherhen » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:32 pm

This tells a little Old Silver and nothing negative http://caravanersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=34212&p=499532#p499532
Motherhen
http://www.australiasomuchtosee.com
Tips on starting out and setting up, how to find free and low cost camps, trip planning, travelogues and more
Motherhen

Tow Vehicle: F250 extra cab
Caravan/Motorhome Type: 18' Bushtracker Caravan
Partner's Name: The Old Rooster
First Name: Motherhen

Postby densue » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:38 pm

G'Day Old Silver
I'am sending this from the caravan park at Hat Head the weather is perfect here now we had a couple of nights rain and the fishing is good plenty of whiting and dart on the beaches and Cobia,Marlin and Spanish outside
Still a few tailor and bream around on the rocks (I bagged out this morning)
As for the park itself they have renovated the main amenities and their very good and repainted the older amenties up on the hill
The park as a fair few vans here at present and was told by the office that a lot more were comming this weekend.
As for the sandflies you can have as many as you like as they are free and mix them with the million flies make sure you have a good supply of repellent and flyspray.not too bad when the nor easter starts after 12pm
But all they do is hunt the non serious fisherman away.
Nealy forgot the grubs (beach worms)are playing hard to get on the beach I think the pros have been giving them a hard time
Denis :) :)
Opps The BINGO nealy forgot I think they still have Bingo at the club first prize large tin bakebeans and there is one at South West Rocks club most days according to my better half
1996 4.2 Diesel GQ SWB Nissan Patrol & 16' Regal 4x4 Desert Series Poptop
densue

Tow Vehicle: 1996 SWB GQ 4.2 Diesel Nissan Patrol
Caravan/Motorhome Type: 2001 16' Regal Desert Series Off-road Pop Top
Partner's Name: Suzanne
First Name: Denis

Postby old silver » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Densue ,thanks for your quick reply. You say you bagged out this morning was it on Darts cos their only good for worm burly and Queenslanders. Are the amenities clean? and how big is the tin of baked beans? That sounds like a bit of BS to me.Those bloody Pro,s their stuffing things everywhere you go nowdays. Worms were for sale at Nelson bay over xmas $3.50 to $4.00 each not bad profit if you can catch them. Good supplement for the pension hey.
Old Silver
old silver

Tow Vehicle: TS Territory Diesel
Caravan/Motorhome Type: 16 ft YORK Comet Pop Top
Partner's Name: Denise
First Name: Bob

Postby densue » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:07 am

I bagged out on Tailor and had 6 Bream and your right the Dart make a good grub stink bait but don't the girls get upset when you leave it on the bullbar to get a bit of life into it out the front of the van.
The amenities are very clean and are done twice a day the park grounds are well maintained the feed at the Bowling club is above par
Plenty of Yabbies to be pumped in the creek if you want to use them for bait
It was a bit of BS about the Bingo at the club it was 2 tins of bakebeans
There are 2 pro wormers that work the beach from Hat Head and are realy good at their game so must be making a motza out of it when you see them with a 20lt bucket half full of grubs but I still get enough for the girls to have a fish with
Hat Head has to be one of the most friendlyest parks I have been in you can be sitting out the front of the van and someone will come along and drop off a feed of mangos or watermelon and for those that don't fish a feed of fish or the offer of bait
Denis
1996 4.2 Diesel GQ SWB Nissan Patrol & 16' Regal 4x4 Desert Series Poptop
densue

Tow Vehicle: 1996 SWB GQ 4.2 Diesel Nissan Patrol
Caravan/Motorhome Type: 2001 16' Regal Desert Series Off-road Pop Top
Partner's Name: Suzanne
First Name: Denis

Return to Trip Planning Q&A; Road Conditions Q&A